- Absolutely! The Playland is a free resource for community use.
Welcome to the Holland Playland. A playground hub where the Holland community can meet and do life together.
The Holland Playland will Amplify Hope and Life in the community by creating a place where families can enjoy unhurried time with one another.
NOTE the Playland will be closed during the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Weekend, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
The primary Playland is for ages 2 to 11.
The crawlers play area is for children 6 months old to 2 years old.
Children must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
Adults must have an accompanying child to enter.
Please remove shoes and wear socks while playing.
Please be considerate of others.
Please keep food and beverages in The Gathering Grounds.
On heavy traffic days, please limit your visit to two hours.
The Playland cannot be reserved for parties or special events. If you would like to reserve a nearby support room, please contact the facilities team at (616)-392-3092.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Playland Free?
Do I need to register in order to use the Playland?
- Yes. In order to keep children and families safe, we require guests to register their contact information.
Can I drop my kids off and run errands?
- No. Parents and guardians must supervise their children while they use the Playland. Think of it like you would any public park.
Who can take my child to the Playland?
- As long as your child has a caretaker over the age of 18, they are free to play! Your baby sitter or older kids are welcome to accompany your child as long as they are legally adults.
What ages of children can use the Playland?
- Children ages 2 to 11 can use the large Playland. The Playland is also equipped with an area for children 6 months to 2 years.
Where do I park when I arrive?
- The Playland can be accessed most easily from entrance D. Parking lot 4 is the recommended lot.
Are there restrooms in the Playland?
- There is a family restroom and changing station in the Playland, along with chairs, tables and benches. A shoe cubby is also provided to store your children’s shoes.
Is there a place I can buy lunch while at the Playland?
- Yes! Please enjoy lunch or snacks served at the Gathering Grounds while at the Playland.
Can I bring food into the Playland?
- Food is not permitted in the Playland. However, drinks are welcome.
Can I reserve the Playland for events like Birthday Parties?
- No. The Playland cannot be reserved for private events. However, outlying support rooms can be scheduled with the facilities team and your party is encouraged to use the Playland. Your group will simply not have the Playland exclusively. The Playland facilities team can be reached at (616)-392-3092 for reservations.
Additional questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Playland is almost completely
run on volunteers
In order to stay open, we need your help! Submit an online volunteer form below or pick up a paper application during open Playland hours. If you have any questions, send us an email at email@example.comVOLUNTEER
Directions & Parking
The Playland is located at Central Wesleyan Church. Playland guests are encouraged to park in lot 4 and enter through entrance D.
Get Connected at Central
At Central, we are with God, in community and on mission. We want you to find your community here. Below is a list of our most popular groups that meet during structured play time. To see the full list of ministries at Central, click here.
Bible Study Fellowship (BSF)
A group of interdenominational women who meet on Wednesdays at 9:10 a.m. (structured play available) in the Chapel. Contact Lesa at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or sign up
M&Ms (Moms & Mentors) is a group of young moms and mentor women who get together once a week to talk about God’s Word—as it relates to life and parenting—and fellowship with one another. This is a great opportunity for moms to explore life and faith issues while meeting others who have similar experiences and questions. We invite you to take a break from your busy schedule to join other moms for fresh insight and encouragement through our interactive small group discussion of a variety of topics. We meet Tuesdays at 9:15AM – 11:15 a.m. (structured play available). Free childcare is provided.There is no weekly at-home preparation required.
Learn more and register
Women of the Word
Our book of the Bible this year is a verse by verse study of ACTS. We will be watching and learning from the apostles how they delivered the Gospel to the world……what it takes to BE and live out true Christianity. This study will show one life lesson after the other…changing us more into the likeness of Christ. We meet in room C161 Mondays 6:30–8:30 p.m. & Tuesday 9:15–11:00 a.m. (Structured play available).
If you have any questions or need help, stop by and talk with one of our Playland volunteers or email us at email@example.com